Proof of attendance #onFlow.
Create events for your communities and prove that they were there.
Host an event on Discord and create an event for it. Have participants claim the FLOAT to represent their attendance.
Host a Twitter Space and create an event for it. Have participants claim the FLOAT to represent their attendance.
Turn off claiming and manually distribute a FLOAT to graduates of your course, bootcamp, or any educational experience.
Have participants claim a FLOAT to enter the giveaway. Then, in Discord using the Emerald bot, use the /randomfloats command to pick a winner.
Created a paid FLOAT and request that people purchase it for a fundraiser, while also claiming a FLOAT marking that they participated in the effort.
Have users claim a FLOAT to get onto an allowlist. You can download a list of addresses who claimed your FLOAT.
Want to give out merch to people who get onto a list? Create a FLOAT and have people claim it to be able to purchase merch in the future.
Make a FLOAT Group and then add a bunch of different FLOAT events to that group, each with their own question. For each FLOAT event, make the secret code the answer to that quiz, and then use Emerald bot to validate if a user has all the FLOATs from the Group!
How It Works
- What is a FLOAT? The name "FLOAT" comes from "Flow Attendance". FLOATs are NFTs that represent users' attendance in whatever aspect you choose, whether it be attending a Twitter Space, receiving a certificate for graduating a bootcamp, or participating in a fundraiser.
- What is their use? The utility of a FLOAT is entirely up to its creator. Someone (let's say a community manager) can create a FLOAT for an event, have their community claim it, and then give access rights, perks, and whatever else to people who own that unique FLOAT. One way a community manager would do this is by using Emerald bot (see section below).
- Who can make a FLOAT? Anyone, for free.
- Can I see some examples? Check the "Use Cases" section above.
- Distribute FLOATs manually to users, bypassing claim requirements.
- Batch upload <= 100 wallet addresses in a CSV file to give tons of FLOATs away.
- Turn on/off claiming and transferring of FLOATs for each of your events at any point in time.
Emerald Bot Integration
- Verify a user owns a FLOAT in Discord using the Emerald bot.
- Display your FLOAT in Discord.
- Grant roles to community members for holding specific or groups of FLOATs.
POAP vs. FLOAT
Apps that Integrate FLOAT
Emerald bot is a Discord bot that verifies NFTs/tokens on Flow, provides a bunch of useful utilities, and more. Specifically, it can verify that a Discord user owns a specific FLOAT and award special Discord roles for doing so. Check out the docs for some useful tips and tricks.
Drizzle is a platform that allows you to easily airdrop tokens and raffle away NFTs. You can set up drops/raffles on Drizzle that require users to own FLOATs before participating! Set up a FLOAT event, have users claim it, and then only allow those users to participate in the fun :)
Geeft is a gifting platform on Flow. You can distribute NFTs and tokens to your friends and family as a present and they can open it up at any time! You can also Geeft FLOATs <3.
Touchstone allows you to create your own NFT Collection without knowing any code whatsoever. It automatically creates and deploy your contract to your account and sets up a primary sales page for you. You can also require users to own a FLOAT to mint from your collection!
I was just gonna say, ahh man floats are fun, so easy and so much can be done with it! It is goldddHumblePoom, founder of Driverz NFT
I created a Float for my Twitch viewers that served as an entry for future giveaways. It was extremely easy to set up and very user friendly for my viewers to collect the Float. For 85-90% of them - it was their first NFT! Floats are great for groups!bigedude33, Gaming & Musical Comedy YouTube Star
I love the potential that exists with FLOATS - being able to gate exclusive access to something, and for the host to be able to find a way to reward those who attended later on! It paves a way for new possibilities on web3rko, Flow Community Legend
Floats brought an important ability to Flow. They allow anyone to create a proof of attendance or a proof of support. Being able to verify if someone owns a specific float, allows community leaders to create gated areas in discords using the Emerald Bot! I am very grateful. ♥️Jimbo, Flow Community Extraordinaire
FLOATs are practical, easy to use, and brings an extra layer of fun within the web3 community. Creating or claiming a FLOAT couldn’t be easier. Thanks Emerald City!Nick, #1 Dad on Flow
FLOATs bring the ability for community groups to celebrate their
collections, their fandom, their shared experience. With FLOATs,
anyone can take part in the fun of web3 without worrying about
barriers such as technical know-how, cost of entry, potential
for bad actors, etc.
They truly represent a key part of bringing a billion people to the blockchain and I can't wait to see how they evolve and grow over time.